Thursday, November 15, 2007

One month to go...

A month from now I will be on my way home! I cannot believe how fast everything is going but I have enjoyed it so much and am just so thankful that God provided this trip for me! His timing is so perfect! Well as much as I miss family and friends I am trying not to be too homesick this last month because I know I will see them before I know it...: ) I have become so used to living in good old Budapest, it's going to be so weird coming back home and getting readjusted! Well this weekend is my second to last one in Budapest(can't believe it!) so I hope to make the best of it...next weekend isour thanksgiving break and Libby and I will be in Gaming Austria with some friends of hers, we will have a big feast there and even get to go to an Austrian ball! I hope my family has a blessed Thanksgiving, I will miss being with them! Then we will also be visiting salzburg Austria for a day and Insbroch(not sure how to spell it..?) Austria, where we'll get to see the Alps! then the following weekend we are going back to Vienna again, can't wait to see Lisa and Christian again : ) and we will be seeing all the Christmas markets there, yay! I am very excited about travelling! Well this past weekend we went to Szentendre, Hungary and then to a little town called Skanzen where we participated in St. Martin's day at the open air museum...it's called the Goose Festival...it's a tradition to eat goose and drink wine so you won't go hungry or thirsty for the rest of the year...haha I tried some goose and I can't say it was my favorite thing but I'm always up for new thing : ) After we ate we walked around the little village and there was a little farm area, I'm very glad that we went there after we ate haha...the animals were so cute! It was neat to see people dressed in the traditional hungarian clothes and go in some of the little candy shops and houses there, one house had a little brick oven where little women were baking fresh gingerbread and little kids were decorating them! I am glad we got to see more of Hungary outside of Budapest, I always enjoy the country setting, it was ver beautiful! Yesterday a group of girls and I went to Pizza hut for lunch, haha it was really fancy and the pizza was amazing as usual : ) it was kind of comforting to eat American food I must admit because we don't do it very often here!
I think something is going on with my internet connection because I can't upload any pictures, but if you want to see some from the Goose festival just check out my facebook!

2 comments:

Laura said...

Wow only a month!! I love you... I can't wait to see you! Enjoy every last day you have ;)

Rachel said...

How fun, Charissa! When Jeremy and I were in Europe in May, I thought it would be so fun to be there around Christmas time... there are so many cute markets and the towns are so cute. We will miss you at Thanksgiving but look forward to seeing you soon!! Enjoy every last minute! :)