Thursday, September 6, 2007

Brrr...

It has been pretty cold here lately, I've actually been wearing my winter coat pretty often so I'm so glad that I brought it! The weather is definitely funny here, it seems to fluctuate so quickly! Well I made it through the first week of classes and I don't have anymore until Monday morning, my schedule is weird...today I didn't have my first class until 2:15 and then I finished at 5:30 and then none tomorrow : ) yay... It is such a weird feeling to have to allow so much time to get to class because I have to take a bus, but I'm getting used to it, at my home campus I can leave like 5 minutes before class starts and get there in time!
A group of us have decided to get together and cook each other dinner a few times a week, it's been really awesome! The other night we had everyone over and we had pizzas and garlic bread and some good vegetables we cooked with olive oil and then we had bread with nutella and dark chocolate on top for dessert, yum! Then last night we went to our friends, Sarah and Stacys place, and they made pasta and this sausage dish and bruschetta and bread and then we had these funny little chocolate jelly cookies for dessert...They have some really funny cookies and desserts here, but they're pretty good...anyways it's just been nice that we've been able to do this because some of my classes are late so I don't really feel like cooking right when I get home! Let me know if you have any recipes or suggestions for dinners for bigger groups of people...: )

This weekend we're going to the wine festival that they have here every year so that should be neat, it's in the beautiful Castle district and they are supposed to have music and all kinds of neat things, I still can't get over the fact that I'm going to be here for so long, I'm definitely excited but at times I do get a bit homesick especially with such gloomy weather the past few days but I was looking back over my little album my family made me and Lew had given me some great words of wisdom, reminding me that in both Maryland and Hungary the cross is the same and it's sufficient for me! That's so true and I'm just so thankful to have friends and family that are praying for me and reminding me of such truth, I love you guys!

3 comments:

Laura said...

I love you rissa ;)

I'm glad that your looking to the cross for your fulfillment. God is with you in Hungary... in fact He went before you!

I will try to gather some recipes I have for you that are good for large groups of people and send them your way ;)

Hannah said...

Hey Sis,
I'm glad your getting situated & that you are keeping your eyes focused on the cross. I will email you some recipes. I have a cookbook made just for larger groups. I miss you & love hearing about this exciting season in your life. Lots of love from all the Swetlands here!

Mrs. Ellis said...

Rissy, Rissy everytime I read your blog my heart just SMILES!!! I can just read in-between the lines and see God at work in all areas of your life! This is all part of the plan He has for your life!! As Laura said: "He went before you" and He does ALL THINGS WELL!!! It is so exciting for me to recount His faithfulness in your life! ILY